About This Event
Join United Way of Broward County's Commission on Behavioral Health & Drug Prevention, in collaboration with the Broward Behavioral Health Coalition, for its "Rompiendo Estigmas" Virtual Conference on Saturday, April 10th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
• The virtual event, which will be presented in Spanish only, will engage with parents in a conversation about topics related to breaking negative cycles, coping with isolation, raising self-esteem, cultivating a healthy mind, transforming our environment, and the importance of talking about stigmas, and the need for information to avoid biases related to mental health and substance use.
• Plus, the event will feature 15 additional simultaneous presentations on hot topics affecting the Hispanic community led by affluent members of the Hispanic community!
• Guest Speaker: Ismael Cala, Radio and TV presenter, life and business strategist, best-selling author, and international speaker. He has been identified by "The New York Times" as the "Latin Larry King."
• Master of Ceremonies: Lorena Susso, Co-founder of SS Productions USA, an event production agency that offers public relations services for the US Hispanic market. Lorena offers diction courses to help her clients improve their speaking skills.
• Conference Topics: Parents are the #1 Influence in Their Children's Lives; Managing Stress, Anxiety, and Depression; How to Take Care of the Brain in Adolescence; Prevention and Protection; and Family Well-Being.
• This event is FREE, is available to the entire community and will be presented in Spanish only.
DETAILS: This event is FREE to attend. To register or to learn more about event topics, visit UnitedWayBroward.org/RompiendoEstigmas3