About This Event
NAMI Broward County Presents the “NAMIWalks Your Way: A United Day of Hope”
● NAMIWalks 2021 will take place as a hybrid event this year; in person, in compliance with the local health department COVID-19 guidelines, along with a virtual option.
● There is no fee to register as a walker or team captain for the NAMIWalks event, however every individual who personally raises $100 will be recognized on walk day with a NAMI Broward County event t-shirt.
● Participants are encouraged to take photos and videos and share their activity on favorite social media channels with the link to their walk fundraising page using the hashtag #NotAlone and #NAMIBroward.
● Sponsors include: Nova Southeastern University, Northstar Financial Planners, Inc., United Metal Recycling Inc., e-Builder, Kip Hunter Marketing, and John KnoxVillage.
● Funds raised from the walk will help NAMI Broward County in their goal to help hundreds of thousands of people living with mental illness and their families by providing support services to individuals living with a mental illness, and reaching adolescents via its signature programs in middle and high schools.
● NAMI Broward County is dedicated to the eradication of the stigma associated with mental illnesses and to the improvement of the quality of life for all individuals affected by these diseases. The non-profit organization provides free support groups, education classes and seminars, legislative advocacy, and information to the Broward County mental health community. Programs include Family-to-Family, Peer-to-Peer, Basics, Provider Education, and participation in the Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for law enforcement personnel.
DETAILS: For more information or to register, visit: https://www.namiwalks.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=1126
For sponsorship opportunities or for additional information contact: Loren Carrillo at [email protected]
or Alyce Menton at [email protected]